Culture / Values
The Michigan Difference is all about exceptional people leveraging inspired ideas, to make the world a better place. And when you join us at Michigan Medicine, that’s exactly what you’ll find.
Our goal is to be recognized by talented healthcare professionals as a great place to work. For us, this means maintaining our commitment to quality, and continuing to be a leader in patient care, education and research. At Michigan Medicine, we are dedicated to being:
- The first place people want to come when they need health care
- The leaders in education, and advancing medical and health science
- The place where the best professionals prefer to work
We provide an academic environment, focused on work/life balance, and mutual respect for all employees, that empowers you to reach your fullest potential.
To advance health to serve Michigan and the world.
Our discoveries change care; our care changes lives.
Our Core Values:
At Michigan Medicine, our culture of respect, compassion, trust, integrity, efficiency and leadership are exemplified in our core values.
- Caring – I will treat everyone with dignity, kindness and respect, promoting the well-being of self and others. No one – whether you work on the front line or are critical support workers behind the scenes – would have to look far to recognize our core value of caring at work. It is what we do and we do it with excellence.
- Innovation – I will promote a culture of creativity, flexibility and curiosity that inspires new ideas and ways of thinking, behaving and improving the world. We focus on innovative efforts that distinguish us clinically and scientifically from other health care providers and medical schools. Research advances and clinical trials help create a strategic advantage. All services we offer are expected to be regionally and nationally recognized for education, research, clinical care and service.
- Inclusion – I will foster an environment where every individual has a sense of belonging, a voice that is heard, and the opportunity to achieve and thrive. We believe delivering the very best care in the world can only be achieved through a culture of respect and celebration of the diversity of each other. We are committed to creating and sustaining a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all.
- Integrity – I will adhere to the highest ethical standards, demonstrating courage, truth and transparency in my words and actions. Integrity is a core value that is part of our long legacy, but it is one that must constantly be nurtured. Michigan Medicine leadership is working to include more levels of communication throughout the organization. Leaders at all levels are rounding to ensure they are hearing about issues when and where they happen, and we continue to discuss accountability with each other and our teams.
- Teamwork – We will work together with a shared purpose rooted in equity and fairness where diversity is celebrated, respected and valued. We work willingly and productively with others toward a common objective that satisfies our customers’ needs and meets our organization’s goals.